Saturday, May 19, 2007

AFRICAN LION SONG (Words)


THE CANNED KING FROM THE AFRICAN JUNGLE

I hear our lions roaring
in the jungles
of Africa
The people are dancing
in their kraals in the jungles
of Africa.
The roar of the lion
is our symbol
of power and freedom
in the jungles
of Africa.

(Background Sound: - the sound of distant drums and African dancing with the  roar of the king of the jungle faintly in the distance)

I hear the lions roaring ..........................







I hear the lions roaring
in the jungles
of Africa.
I hear tourists singing
while drums are beating
in Africa.
I see thieves poaching
where the lions are roaring
to steal our rich bounty,
the power of freedom from Africa.

(Background Sound:  laughter and jollification in the backdrop of jungle sounds.    A single gunshot          then  Silence)

I hear the lions roaring .........................







I hear caged lions roaring
on the can-farms
of Africa
Tourists go hunting
while people go hungry
in the cities of Africa.
The roar in the jungle
is deadened by gunshots
there is no more freedom
In the jungles of Africa.

(Background Sound:  traffic noise and distant  police sirens and gunshots )

I hear no lions roaring .......................................

(Background Sound:   A loan baby crying - (the voice of  future generations) )






Ex Unitate Vires 15 May 2007
Updated 19 May 2007

Last update 17-03-2014   "The Extinct Lion Poem"

Edited 26-12- 2019


No comments: